Tuesday, September 2, 2008

DON'T BLINK!!

Because if you do...life will pass you by!!

Can you believe that school is here again? We just said goodbye to the teachers...and now, we are saying our hello's!!

I think I will really like Kayte's teacher this year. First impressions....she seems very sweet and down to earth!! I love that in people. She looks like someone you could genuinely talk to...which is a wonderful feeling!! Kayte and I were going to get her a small plant this morning while at Fred Meyers...(we forgot the tissues yesterday while school shopping!!) so, we got the tissues...and then thought...well, maybe we would wait until Friday to get her something. Something to say.."WOW!! You made it through the first week!!" Kayte really liked that idea...and she (Kayte) said that then, she could possibly see what kinds of things she might like.

I think it will be a fabulous school year!!

Yesterday was labor day...however, instead of laboring...we exercised!! After a lazy morning, Kent, myself and Kayte went for a six mile bike ride. (Note to self...Ask if you CAN actually bruise your inner butt bone!!) And after dinner, the 5 of us went for a jog/run (for some) and walk...it's so nice being a family that gets along and loves to be with each other!!

No news really on the surro front. However, I did get a call from my agency saying that my IP's did find a new egg donor...so we hope to get everything underway again. Also, (I think this part is pretty cool...) my case manager asked me if I would mind being a "mentor" to a new surro who lives in my area. I said yes..no problem!! I would have loved to have someone show me the ropes...so to speak...have someone answer the mundane questions...perhaps even as far as telling me..in honest terms...just how bad the shots really are. So, I hope that she does call...and it's always wonderful to see other new surro's.

Well, that's it for this post. Michael doesn't start school till tomorrow...so it just him and I hanging out for the day. Maybe if I am really energetic...I might make some chocolate chip cookies for the girls after school. But then again, in our house, we will eat probably 5 cookies in all, then the rest will go to waste because we are not a huge, sweet eating family. So, we will just see what they day brings!!

No comments: