Tuesday, April 28, 2009

April Showers bring....

RAIN!!!

Gotta love the rain though...it makes the flowers, trees and the grass just grow and grow...which in turn, makes my husband play out in the yard more and more.

He went to Alaska for almost a week to do store resets. The Sunday morning that I went to the airport to get him, we came home and slept for a couple more hours since it was so early. After he brought me my coffee and newspaper, he was putting on his slippers...and I asked him where he was off to? I figured that he would snuggle with me a bit since he had been gone. Nope...his reply was..."I have to go check out my yard!!" Hmmm...I guess sometimes, the other love of your life comes second. :) I tell him all the time that he really IS his mothers son!! He planted roses along the fence in our back yard a couple of weekends ago. And there he was, tape measure in hand, making sure that all of these roses were exactly the same space from the fence to the spacing being apart from one another. Don't get me wrong...I think it's totally awesome that he is...well...anal about the whole thing. Me...I dig a hole, put em in the ground...and watch them (no, make it pray) that they grow. Domestic outside goddess I am not!! Domestic Goddess...Sheesh...sounds like an oxymoron to me!!

Well, I have another OB appointment today...which I am glad to say, is with the midwife Alissa again. At my last appointment with Dr. Hall, I showed her my blood pressures from the last 2 weeks, and she was kind enough to tell me that they all looked really good, and that if I really wanted to, I could be seen by the mid-wife. YAY!! I was and am very excited for this. I am honestly not sure what the allure of the midwife is to me, but it's pretty strong, since I was so disappointed that I was going to have to go with the Dr. before. Dr. Hall did say though that if my blood pressure went up consistently, then I would have to go back to her for the rest of the pregnancy. I have all but cut out the salt shaker...I now make a salt free taco seasoning (have you really LOOKED at the sodium levels in some prepackaged items???) and also am dabbling in spaghetti sauce...however, that hasn't gone so good. It's just downright bland...Anyone have any ideas for a low salt spaghetti sauce? I even bought some jarred sauce that had way less sodium in it than the other kinds...and it too was bland.

Kivu is about 98-99% potty trained. There are three things I want you to know about him...
#1-He can clear a room, car, small barn, massive high rise hotel, etc. with his gas!! True story!!

#2-With him being 98-99% potty trained, I think he mostly has his accidents when we are not paying attention to him. Case in point...Michael had a bad bloody nose yesterday to where he was bent over the toilet...blood all around...bleeding. So, as I was attempting to clean him up, and Ashlyn getting a petite size tampon to put up his nose to stop the bleeding (yes, it does work!!) Kivu looked at us...and decided it was his time to pee. AAAGGGHHHHH!!!! And then again, Kent and I were talking in the bar, and Kivu again decides since we are paying him no mind..."I think I will pee!!" GRRRRRR!!!!! And these times were AFTER he had already been out...and WENT POTTY!! Other than times like this...he is really a good dog. He can get rambunctious while playing and bite your fingers a little too hard...but hey...can't all dogs dot this??

And #3- I can't remember what it was I wanted to tell you about him. Chalk it up to preggo brain!!


So I have taken up a new hobby...I LOVE TO BEAD!! (As in..make jewelry!!) I am slowly building up a beading collection...but man oh man!! I thought fabric was expensive...well...not when some pendants or beads are about 10 bucks a piece!! So, that is why it is so much better to save your money...purchase your one item...and build your necklace, bracelet, etc. AROUND that item. The seed beads and smaller beads are not too terrible when it comes to price...but say you wanted 10 lady bug beads...and they are .80 cents each...well...that puts you already $8.00 into your piece of jewelry...and that's without anything else...the wire, the spacers, the clasp...you get my point. Maybe I need a hobby that does not need money to do it?? Any ideas? (Cleaning my house DOES NOT CONSTITUTE a hobby!!)

OK...that's all for now...

1 comment:

Tina said...

Well thank goodness your good at that beading stuff.. I love my necklace you made me :) its beautiful... and it brought me good luck...:) I love beading too its just so much so I make Hair clippies and tutu's not sure if its cheaper? but its fun....Hope to see you soon.....U/S is next week....