Monday, November 16, 2009

4 months today...

Can you believe that Heath is 4 months old today?? WOW!! And oh goodness...WHAT a cutie!! And a chunk!! I think about 16 lbs!! That is what boob juice does for you...makes you grow BIG!!

I am still pumping for baby Heath. Actually, I am typing this one handed as we speak...with the pump whirring away beside me. I never really pumped with my 3 kids...Kayte did have bottles of breast milk when I would work evenings, and I think I had a manual pump...so by golly...this pump is a luxury by far!! I remember more of nursing Kayte than pumping. 18 months of nursing, to be exact!!

As far as pumping goes...I am still learning new things about it, pretty much daily!! I have learned thus far...

Mastitis is a bitch!! (Ask me!! I have had it twice and almost (thank goodness it didn't turn ugly) a third time!!)

Pumping is a lot harder (not harder really, just a little more time consuming and slightly stressful!!)than being pregnant!! Case in point...you can never just up and leave...you need to remember things...it's kind of like having a baby...just with ice attached!! :) It's like a juggling act...remember what you need, remembering when the last time you pumped was, and most importantly, remembering EVERYTHING you are taking with you...especially when you go on vacation!! Are you seeing a pattern going on here?? It's really ALL ABOUT REMEMBERING!! (We went to Disneyland on vacation, and what important item was accidentally left on the bed?? The breast pump charger!! And do you think that Radio Shack or a baby supply store sells the particular one I needed?? NOOOO!! By the way...does anyone need a BRAND NEW $379.99 Medela Freestyle pump? Only the charger was used for 1 week...the rest of it is brand spankin new!! I will make a great deal with you!!) But I digress!!

Let's see...what else is going on around here?

Ashlyn turned 18 (GASP!!) on November 2nd. She is researching some colleges and is planning on getting her license soon (crossing fingers here!!) She is going to take the SAT on December 5th, so please think really good, (SMART) thoughts for her that day!! Ashlyn is in the Rendezvous choir which is a early bird class...as well as she is in the play "White Christmas" which lately, practices are running until around 7-7:30pm...meaning she has been at school for 13 hours straight!! Perhaps we should just move a bed to the school!!

Michael is looking forward to getting his drivers permit on the day he turns 15. GOSH!! 2 drivers!! YIKES!! *hides under a chair!! Both Ashlyn and Michael are in the Master Choir at Oregon City High School. They all sound wonderful!!

Miss Kayte is doing well in school...she loves to learn new things. And it helps that her BFF is in the same class...

Kent has now been with Franz Bread for 2.5 months. Things are going really well for him...he gets to put on his competition hat a lot more now...and he loves that. He was gone a lot during Sept/Oct because of resets as well as seeing all of the stores. I am so thankful to be able to stay home so that while he is gone, the kids have someone here with them full time. (Thank you Kent for working SO hard for your family!!)

Hope all is well in everyone's world...

1 comment:

Ray and Karen Stobie said...

How much are you looking to sell the breast pump for? I am on Kent's facebook or you can come to my baby blog at http://stobiefamily.blogspot.com/