Sunday, August 24, 2008

Hood to Coast...WOW!!

It's Sunday...and man...what a weekend!!

Some of you know about the Hood to Coast here in Portland...others who don't know about it...let me tell you!!

Hood to Coast is a relay race that starts at Mount Hood, and finishes in Seaside, Or. The Nike Hood to Coast Relay stretches 197 miles near the top of Oregon's majestic Mt. Hood down to the beautiful Pacific Ocean beach in Seaside, Oregon. Over 12,000 Hood to Coast runners and 4,800 walkers, share in the experience of this annual event now in its 27th year! (I got that from the HTC website!!) Anyways, this was Kent's first year to run in it. There are 12 runners per team, each runner does 3 legs which consist of anywhere between 5 miles to about 8 miles. Of course Kent's legs were considered 2 VH (very hards) and 1 E (easy.) He ran about a 7.23 pace and ran 17.91 miles in all!! WOW!!! HE ROCKS!!

Anyways, I wasn't a volunteer for his team (Fred Meyers) but I volunteered for my ex-sister-in-law...so, my job at leg #35 was to call runners numbers out when they were running in so that the person that was doing the last leg was ready to go. It was really inspiring seeing all of the runners!! I AM NOT a runner...but, I wonder if I could be?? :) Perhaps...but, perhaps not!!

This morning, Kent, the kids and myself all walked down on the beach. It was a very nice morning for a beach walk. We then went back to the hotel and packed up all of our stuff...and checked out of the hotel...to find it raining!! Just like that...it went from nice to a little nasty in about a half hour!! And, here in Portland, it's about 85 degrees or so...(I am thinking the rain was pretty nice after all!!)

On the surro front, we are back on track...at least I am crossing my fingers about the whole thing. I started BCP's on the 13th...and it looks like if the moons alight and the coyote's are quiet...we may transfer around the end of September. YAY!! I really, really, really, really, really, (I could go on and on here, but I won't...I think you get the point...) want this to work this time around. REALLY!!! So, say a prayer for me if you would, or cross your fingers and all of your toes... :)

That's it for now...Hugs!!

No comments: