Wednesday, August 13, 2008

I AM BORED!!!

So, I went for a job interview this morning. The hours are 12-4 M-F. That "sounds" perfect to me...but, we will see.

It's at a retirement community...basic housekeeping..which I do all day at my home anyways!! I am just thinking that I want something to do instead of being in the house all day long. I mean really, these walls just don't talk back to me (very often anyways!!)

BUT...I don't know..now I am having second thoughts...

I went for the interview (she was in a meeting, so I waited 10 minutes for her to get out of the meeting-(did I mention I am not a very patient person? If you tell me to be somewhere at a certain time, I will be there...10 minutes early!! But, I digress...) then she comes out and we go sit down...she hardly asked any questions and asked me if I wanted to tour the facility. So, we walked around..and she showed me different places where I would be working. I love older people...and I think I would like the job...It's only 4 hours a day, M-F...so, it's pretty perfect...I can still see my family in the evenings and get the kids off to school in the mornings.

Here is what I don't understand...

As we were walking back to the front of the center, she tells me that she has 2 other interviews to do (the 2 girls were sitting there when we got back) and she kind of whispered that she really liked me and asked me when I could start. So, I told her I could start Monday. I told her to give me a call and let me know. By the way, Helen seems extremely timid to me...I almost thought she might think I would bite her or something...

Well, Helen doesn't call, it's Brandy, the receptionist, who wasn't at all friendly when I first walked in. So, Brandy calls and tells me that Helen really liked me, but she really liked one of the other girls too. GREAT!! NOW I have competition!! Brandy then asks me if I really want the job...UMMM...Hello...I didn't put nylons on just so you could see me in a skirt!! Yes, I want the job...I feel it would fit our family just fine!! She then asks me if she can contact my references...(Yeah, everybody except the drug dealer!! Don't talk to the dealer!!) DUH!! Of course she can! That's why I put them down there. So, she then tells me that she will call my references...so, I ask her if she will call me back, and she says yes...but it won't be today. (She is WAY to busy!! -Reading her magazine!!-) I almost feel like calling her back and saying...just give it to the other chick...I can make the same amount of money doing eBay and on my hours...SO...DO I REALLY WANT THE JOB?? I don't know!! ARGH!!!!

In other news...I got a call from Dr. S today...and he told me to start BCP's TODAY since he had the egg donor in his office and he wanted us to get going. YAY!! So, I need to get to the pharmacy and pick them up...YIPPEE!!

That's another thing that's bothering me...IF I got this job...then are they gonna let me have the time off to go to L.A. to get pregnant? QUESTIONS, QUESTIONS!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Have you looked into working for the school district. I dont know about portland school, but over here there are lots of jobs open for helpers and such. You can help with recess or help with reading groups. You dont have to have any schooling. And you get paid around $10 depending on the job. You can sub for those positions too. So you dont have to work all the time. There is also the lunch ladies. And they need sub lunch ladies. Just a thought for ya. I am not wanting to go back to work right now. But am afraid I might get a bit bored with both kids in school all day. So I am gonna sign up to sub. Plus, you get all the holidays off with the kids.

Food for thought for ya. I personally, would not want to work for that job. A little too wishy washy for me.