Tuesday, January 13, 2009

I think Surrogacy is AMAZING!!

There are many things in life that I find amazing. Surrogacy is one of them. When I was pregnant with my own children...it's almost like I just went through the actions of carrying them, having them, and raising them. But this time, I think it is very different.

For starters, I KNOW exactly what my body is doing. I never (or possibly didn't care) to know what my body was doing during pregnancy. I knew I was pregnant, and that was it. I mean, I read things, and looked at pictures and such...but this time, it is just so different!!

I am 11 weeks and 1 day pregnant today. WOW!! I know what the baby looks like...and I can feel the ever present changing of my body. I am so excited for my IP's...I can barely stand it!!

We had our first mid-wife appointment yesterday. My IP's and Kent were there. I had a routine below the belt check, to make sure everything felt like it was in the right place. And it was!! She tried to use the Doppler to hear the heartbeat, but Alissa (my mid-wife) couldn't find it...she said it was probably due to my tilted uterus. (I bet you all really wanted to know about that, huh??) We did have another ultrasound...and the baby was measuring 11 weeks 4 days along. You could see this perfectly formed hand...it was awesome!!

The ultrasound person (I am not sure if she was a tech, or a Doctor) anyways...she pinpointed the cause for why I have been spotting. Turns out, from all of the meds coursing through my body, I have a very small fibroid. So it's really nothing to worry about!! WHEW!! I haven't been overly, beyond myself, with worry...sort of like a nagging worry...WHY AM I SPOTTING??? Now I feel like I am on cloud 9...YAY!!

I didn't get to see my IP's for our originally scheduled ultrasound...prior to Christmas. So, it was great seeing them again. And I got to meet their sweet little girl. You should see the eyes on her!! They are going to have to bar the doors once she gets to the dating age!! :) I have not yet met their son (he was at school.) But if he is anything like his sister...he too will knock em dead!! J and T gave me a INCREDIBLE gift box full of bath/beauty items from a place called Lush. I opened it when I got home and just smelled, and smelled and smelled all of the things in there. And the product is so different from anything that I have seen. If you are curious as to what I mean, you can look it up at www.lush.com. Kayte finally had to go get the coffee pot and sniff it since here nose was full of different smells!! :) And all I gave them was a batch of homemade cookies. So much for T's diet!! :)
Well, I am off on a walk today...thanks for sticking with me.

2 comments:

pemble people said...

I think what you are doing is absolutely amazing--in case I haven't told you that already!

Tina said...

Im right with you I love being a surrogate and knowing exactly what my body is doing..:) Im so excited to get pregnant..