Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Feeling SO MUCH better!!

Ahhh!!! The tummy is feeling SO much better today!! And I slept through the night even...YAY!!

Here is a tid bit of information that you probably didn't know..

If you take Peptol Bismol...it may turn your tongue black. Did you know that?

Well, I went to the dentist to get my teeth cleaned yesterday...and the first thing that Fran the Hygentist said to me is, "why is your tongue black?" And I thought.."Oh CRAP!!" (see previous post!!)
I told her that I had some red wine the night before, but I brushed my teeth and tongue and flossed rigorously (one of the things I always do the night prior to going to the dentist!! Want the dentist to "think" that I am a good brusher/flosser!!) , so that shouldn't still be there. But, because of the "issues" with the tummy, I failed to brush in the morning before going to the dentist...thus, not brushing my tongue or teeth of any left over bits of toast to settle my stomach. (For the record, I didn't even want to be there...so they could put up with my stinky mouth..and they should have been happy just to have me there!!) Anyways.....she didn't have anything for me to "scrape" my tongue with (umm..hello..you have toothbrushes!!) so, she just pulled my tongue all around making sure there wasn't any unscene trouble lurking because of the blackness!!
After she was done cleaning my teeth (insert pearly white smile here..*DING*) Ashlyn and I went home. I then looked on the Pepto bottle, and sure enough..it says "When using this product a temporary, but harmless, darkening of the stool and/or tongue may occur." Wow!!

So, now you have a bit of useless information to store in the back of your mind!! :)

No comments: