Thursday, January 29, 2009

Bed Sheets and Kitchen Towels

Right before Christmas, Kent and I went to the Clackamas Town Center to peruse the stores for bargains for Christmas gifts. And of course go to Build A Bear Workshop for Kayte...(It's a yearly "tradition" for her to get a new BABW for Christmas.) I say this with a smirk...not only because we have done it probably 3 years in a row...but also because at a certain persons house (I am not mentioning names) there is always one "tradition" or another being started...For instance, going to the movies on Christmas Eve of every year. Well..yeah...that would be a great "tradition" if it were to happen EVERY year...but it hasn't...so I don't know how it can actually be a tradition. And if they do something new that year...then it becomes a "tradition" but never gets followed up with the next year. But I digress...

Anyways, so here Kent and I and Kayte are shopping with all of the other cabin fevered folks. After BABW...we go upstairs to search for gifts...and come upon this small store front saying 500 thread count sheets for only $30.00. Or, 2 for $50.00!! WHAT?? Are you serious?? So of course we go in and feel the "pillow case" that they have out, so that in fact you can see just how soft these sheets are. We talk to the guy and ask him why and how he can sell these awesome sheets for so little and he tells us that he used to work for the manufacturer of said sheets, and there was a middle man involved somewhere...but now he just buys from the manufacturer directly, thus offering us these great sheets at a real steal!! Now mind you, if you were buying queen, you had 2 colors to choose from and 2 colors only...well, we have a king size bed...so do you offer the same deal as the queen? And he said yes...but only in the 2 colors. So, we contemplate these 2 colors, wondering if they compliment each other enough so that we can put a top with the other bottom and interchange the pillow cases. Well, he asks what colors would we really be interested in as he has another color (the sea green color) that he can offer to us. So, we choose the chocolate brown sheets, and the sea green color. Fair enough...we buy our sheets for $50.00 and we forge on ahead looking for just the right Christmas presents.

.....That night, I take the brown sheets out of the package to put in the washer. Holy cow...are sheets supposed to smell like a blanket straight from Mexico? Oh well, into the washer they go. They get to washing...and then go into the dryer where I think they are in there all of a half a second and they are done!! Now onto the fun part...making the bed!! (Note to all: I LOVE CLEAN SHEETS ON MY BED...AND WOULD CHANGE THEM EVERYDAY IF I COULD...) So, we make the bed...and it's time for bed. We crawl in (nekked, of course) and feel like we got the bargain of a lifetime!! Not only did we get 2 (count em...TWO) sheet sets...but they also came with 4 (count em..FOUR) pillow cases EACH!!

....Fast forward to the next week, when I change the sheets to the other color. All is good...till about 4 days later and I feel down where my feet go...and my bottom sheet is pilled. WTH (What The Hell?) I can't sleep with pilly sheets!! SHEESH!! So I change the sheets yet again...and well, a week later, I kind of forget about the pilling, and I put the freshly washed sea green sheets back on the bed. Later that night...Kent gets into bed and he says..."Ah...you changed the sheets...these feel good." Then a little while later..."Did you flip the sheets up to the top? Cause right where I lay, it's pilled where your feet were!!" Ummm...Oops...I forgot!!

So, to make a long story {{short}}...I think we got taken on these blasted blankety blank sheets!! There is NO way that they are 500 TC sheets!! And when you put them on your bed...You should see all of the little runs there are in said sheets. CRIPES!! You would think we had a darned cat or something clawing at the sheets...but..umm..nope. It's just the freaking awesome (said with all the sarcasm I could muster) sheets!! HARUMPH!! See if I buy sheets from a "dealer" again!! NOUGH SAID!!
*I didn't even get to my part about kitchen towels...that will have to go into another post!!

No comments: