Saturday, February 7, 2009

Findings in the fridge...

I should take a poll...

How often do you clean out your fridge? I mean, REALLY clean out your fridge??

This morning was just the morning for fridge cleaning...especially since I had to leave a 2 liter bottle of soda out of the fridge last night because there was NO room!!

And my findings?

Well...

We had a some friends over for dinner last Saturday, (YUMMY NACHO'S) and then we also had friends over for Superbowl on Sunday. (LASAGNA) So..leftovers from that...which includes...

1 whole 9x13 pan of sausage lasagna....1/2 pan of veggie lasagna...5 meatballs in about 2 bottles of bbq sauce....(This was from Superbowl..)

1 small container of chopped up avocado (now...avocado's are much like apples...they turn brown...and from Saturday to the following Saturday, you can just imagine what they looked like!! The container kind of made a pop noise when I opened it!!)
1 small container of sliced jalepeno's
1 ziploc baggie of finely chopped onions
about 3-4 cups of Nacho cheese
2 cups of refried beans

Now, mind you...this was just the items from last weekend...
There was also about a cup of rice and about a cup of General Tso's chicken (made by me for Kayte's birthday dinner)

Digging further to the back of the fridge, I found, not one..but 2 outdated chocolate milks...both 1/2 full. 1 large container of Ricotta Cheese (dated Jan 1st, 09)...(Oops...I swear I was going to use that!!)
3 bottles of black bean and corn salsa (to be put into 1 jar...wait...salsa grows mold? WHAT? Toss that jar...(Not toss...disposal and then recycle!!)
2 jars of mayonnaise... (I think we eat mayo in Tuna Fish...and...well...maybe if I make a potato salad...but that's really all it gets used for. We are not the slather mayo on our sandwiches, type family...(GAG) We prefer to eat them plain jane!!) Toss those...they only had a date of Jan 09 on them...they would have been safe to eat, I am sure...but #1- is when would we eat it? And #2- once it starts to separate...the grossness factor comes into play!!
1 jar of Miracle Whip...again...the only time we eat this item is when we have fresh turkey sandwiches...and you all know when we eat turkey, right? Either Christmas OR Thanksgiving. So this is a must toss item...AND it is dated back to March...of 2007!!! Hmm...wonder when the last time we REALLY used that was??
I did check the dates on the salad dressings...they were all dated within reason...I think none older than a few months...certainly nothing from 2007...

Let's see...You know...I think this time wasn't really, really awful...however, I wonder how many starving third world country people we could have fed with these found objects from our fridge?? Better yet, we could stay in our country and feed the homeless...but how would I approach someone? "Here you go...5 meatballs topped with Miracle Whip and nacho cheese!!" I would bet they would graciously decline...Oh well...better luck next time!!


1 comment:

Ashlyn said...

OH. MY. Ga!
You are sooo stinking hilarious mom!! =D I love you!